Specific Types of Disabilities
Blindness and Low Vision
- Cerebral Policy Guidance - information for parents of children with CP
Chemical and Electrical Sensitivities
- National Center for Environmental Health Strategies - fosters the development of creative solutions to environmental health problems
Chronic Diseases and Cancer
- American Diabetes Association
- American Cancer Society
- Understanding Cancer (from the Mesothelioma Group)
- American Childhood Cancer Society
- NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) has local chapters for support groups
- Multiple Sclerosis Resources - from the MS Rehabilitation Research and Training Center
- Building a Life offers resources and support for families of young adults with disabilities who are transitioning into adult life.
Traumatic Brain Injury
- Traumatic Brain Injury Model System at the University of Washington - includes resources and educational materials
- Model Systems Knowledge Translation Center - resources on TBI, spinal cord injury and burn injury
Wheelchair Users and Spinal Cord Injury
- Facing Disability - A site for families experiencing spinal cord injury (SCI), with videos and an "Ask the Experts" feature
- "How To" Video Library (SCIHealth.org), Craig H. Neilsen Foundation - Advice for wheelchair users on how to go up the escalator, how to sit down skiing, how to transfer and more.
- United Spinal Association - Resources to improve the quality of life of all people living with spinal cord injuries and disorders
- Paralyzed Veterans of America - Publications for diverse audiences, including e-books and apps for I-Pads and smartphones
- Brain and Spinal Cord - Resources and information for brain and spinal cord injury providers
Assisting Consumers with Specific Disabilities - The National Disability Navigator Resrouce Collaborative provides fact sheets on how to assist consumers with traumatic brain injury, mental illness, autism, multiple sclerosis and other disabilities.